ThoughtWorks Studios' Jez Humble to Discuss Continuous Deployment During SD Times Virtual Conference
Humble to explain why continuous deployment is an essential component of Agile delivery
Getting software released to users is often a painful, risky, and time-consuming process. The key to rapid delivery of valuable functionality is fast, automated feedback on the production readiness of your application every time a change is made. This requires automation of the build, deploy, test and release process, automation of infrastructure provisioning and management, and incremental implementation of functionality. However it also requires a fundamental shift in the way organizations work, to enable developers, testers and operations to collaborate closely from project inception right through to support.
Humble, an expert in developing best practices around Continuous Delivery, along with the legendary Kent Beck and continuous deployment pioneer Timothy Fitz, will share the latest thinking and best practices being developed around this extremely important, and often overlooked, set of methodologies. During his presentation Humble will explore:
- The organizational and business-driven benefits of continuous deployment
- The technology required to implement continuous deployment
- How to apply continuous deployment to a company’s existing IT infrastructure
- How to avoid mistakes associated with continuous deployment
- Impact of continuous deployment on various job functions: testers, marketers, managers, programmers and other stakeholders
- Practical advice and best practices to take steps toward continuous deployment
Wed., June 30, 2010 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Eastern) To register: (http://bzmedia.com/agility/)
For more information or to set up an interview with ThoughtWorks Studios or Jez Humble, please contact Christie Denniston at Catapult PR-IR 303-581-7760, ext. 13 or (firstname.lastname@example.org).