It is often useful to receive an email when certain status changes occur in a stage. For example, a developer might want to know when their own check-in has broken the build. Alternatively, a manager might want an email whenever a project is deployed into production. Both of these scenarios can be covered by the My Cruise tab and Notification Filters
Usage: As a developer, I want to be notified when I break the build.
- Click on the My Cruise tab
- Click "Edit" and enter my email address, and make sure "Enable email notification" is checked
- When I check in, my source control log in will be either "ChrisT" or "CT", so enter both of those into the "My check-in aliases" box
- Click "Save" to store these values
- Add a filter for the first "dev" stage to notify me when a check-in of mine breaks the build
- And now I'll be emailed whenever I cause the "dev" stage to fail!