Creating a team favorite card view
Team favorites give you and your team members a quick way to view the cards you work with regularly in the format you prefer (i.e. grid, list or other view).
For example, iteration managers or project managers can view all cards of type=story with a status=new in a grid view. This may be useful at the start of an iteration or sprint where they need to assign new user stories to an iteration and to specific developers.
- Team Favorites are global - i.e. they display for all team members, not just the team member who creates them.
- When you click on a card within a team favorite, Mingle lets you navigate through all items in that team favorite. This may be useful when evaluating bugs or analyzing stories.
- You can't save more than one identical team favorite.
- You can't edit team favorites from the Project admin tab Favorites & tabslink. However, you can overwrite a team favorite by selecting Team FavoritesAdd current view to team favorites when viewing a card list, and typing in the name of the existing team favorite.
- If your team will be using a saved view regularly, e.g. looking at all stories in a specific iteration, you can turn this into a tab.
You can also create a wiki page that shows cards according to different card properties. You can even setup a wiki page that references the current user, so whenever the signed in user visits that wiki page, they can see all cards assigned to them. See MQL user guide for all the macros you can insert into wiki pages.
How to create a team favorite card view
If you want to create a My favorite you can follow the same steps below.
- Sign in to Mingle and open the project for which to create team favorites (if you're not currently working in the project).
Click the All tab.
- Filter the card list to isolate the cards you want to work with. If you have existing similar tabs or saved views setup, you can open one of these as a starting point and then change the filters.
- Select whether you want to view these cards as a grid or list.
If viewing in a List
- To add or remove columns, click the Add / remove columns link and select from the list of properties displayed.
- Properties with an orange tick are already present in the view - select these to remove them.
If viewing in a Grid
- Select the group by and color by options. For example, you may group by Priority and color by Status.
- Choose an aggregate to display in the column headings. For example Sum of Estimate
- Add or remove columns as needed by clicking the Add / remove columns link and selecting an option from the menu. This lets you view a card property that is not currently attached to any card so you can drag cards to another property value.
Open the Team Favorites sidebar control.
In 3.1, Mingle highlights the name of the favorite the user is currently looking at from the favorites sidebar.
Click the "Add current view to team favorites..." link. Mingle opens up a dialog to let you enter a name for the saved view.
If you want to create a My favorite click the "Add current view to my favorites..." link.
- Type a name for the team favorite.
- Click the Save button. Mingle creates the team favorite. All team members can now access this view by clicking the Team Favorites link. You can manage this team favorite via Project admin tab Team Favorites & tabs link.