Subscribing to project changes via email
Email updates are one of two methods you can use to receive notification of changes to Mingle projects as they happen (the other way is via Atom feeds).
When you subscribe via email, Mingle emails you straight away to confirm that you have subscribed to project changes that meet the criteria you selected. Each email you receive provides a link that lets you unsubscribe from the current feed.
Before you can subscribe to project emails, the project administrator must setup SMTP email configuration. You must enter your email address in your Mingle user profile before you can receive emails.
How to subscribe to project changes using email
- Sign in to Mingle and select the project with the changes you want to view (if not already working within the project).
Select Filter history items according to the changes you want to monitor.
Click the Via email link.
- Mingle emails a confirmation to your registered email address describing the changes to which you've subscribed. You will now receive email updates any time project changes match the selected history filters. You can subscribe from the email updates at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link.
Managing email subscriptions
Users can manage their email subscriptions via their profile page. If you are a Mingle administrator, with access to users' profile pages, you will also be able to view and manage other users' subscriptions.
To view and to unsubscribe to email subscriptions:
- go to your profile page or the profile page of another user
- click Subscription tab
- on this Subscription tab you will be able to see what subscriptions you have (or if you are a Mingle admin viewing another user's profile you will be able to see what subscriptions that user has)
- using the unsubscribe link you can unsubscribe to any subscriptions you no longer require