Mingle works on the following browsers:
- Firefox (tested and works best on Firefox 10)
- Safari 4
- Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer 9
If you are using the latest release of Mingle with any modern browser you should not expect any issues. To report any browser specific issues, please contact our support team.
Before installing Mingle, you must install a database. Mingle currently supports:
- PostgreSQL 8.3, 8.4 and 9.1 - Highly Recommended
- Oracle 10g (64-bit only) and 11g R2 (64-bit only). Support for Oracle is limited to Mingle Plus only.
Some of these requirements may not apply for instances of Mingle with a small number of users. Please contact our support team for more information.
Hardware requirements will vary based upon number of concurrent users. The following hardware specifications should be sufficient for most install bases of between 40-50 users. For guidance on larger installations, please contact our support team.
- CPU: Quad Core, 2 GHz (or higher)
- Disk: 5GB Initial, regular monitoring and backups recommended based on usage.
- Memory: 2 GB RAM, of which 1 GB can be dedicated to Mingle
If Mingle and the database server run on the same machine, these requirements would change.
These requirements are for the operating system of the Mingle Server. These requirements are not for the operating system of the client machines so if you are just viewing Mingle pages please refer to the browser requirements above.
The Mingle Server can run on the same hardware or separate hardware from the database server. We have downloadable installation packages available for both Windows and Linux/Unix platforms.
If you are using a platform not listed below you should assume that it is not yet supported. Please contact us for updated information before attempting to use an unsupported platform.
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003, 32 or 64 bit editions
- Windows Server 2008, 32 or 64 bit editions
- Mac OS X
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5)
- Intel processor
- Java Development Kit (JDK) version 6 - 32-bit JDK only
- General Linux/Unix
- We recommend using either Fedora, Ubuntu or RedHat.
- Java Development Kit (JDK) version 1.6 - 32-bit JDK and Sun JDK only
Mingle can run on any virtual machine which provides any of the above operating systems with resources equivalent to those specified in the hardware requirements. While the usual caveats apply regarding the effect of virtualization overhead on performance, administrators should be aware that Mingle is CPU intensive and so administrators should restrict the number of other compute intensive resources on the host machine.