Mingle Tips and Tricks
This section describes some tips and tricks for getting the most out of Mingle.
For more cool, exciting and novel tips and tricks from the Mingle team and other Mingle users please take a look at our Mingle Community.
We have examples that explain how to change the look and feel of Mingle, special custom macros and charts, specialized templates and much more. Check it out!
Tips for using Mingle
Subscribe to feeds - receive notification of important changes in your Mingle project by email or Atom feed
Grid column headings - view the size of stories across statuses in a release or per iteration, by using aggregations in 'column headings'
Release planning - use aggregations in column headings in the grid view for release planning
Special Headers - use special header links to create new cards with a single click!
Quick access to card view - quick access to card view from anywhere in Mingle!
Use colors in charts - 140 web color names are supported for your charts and text!
Avoiding macro syntax errors - hints on how to write Mingle macros to avoid getting syntax errors
Use tags on pages - did you know you could apply tags to Mingle pages?
Tips for administering Mingle
Using cards for reporting - display metrics and charts on cards for easy tracking
Chart size and layout - use chart level parameters to size and layout charts as you want
Hold signoff - create a transition to allow customers to give feedback on stories before they are considered 'Done'
Using project variables - update tables, charts and favorites for the 'current iteration' in a single step
Soft delete - soft delete cards from a project to remove from active story lists but protect card history
Change session expiry - modify the default session expiry time as needed.
Setting up transition workflow - generate transitions according to your project workflow.
Export and import all projects - use Mingle's export and import tool to export and/or all projects.
Need more help?
There are a variety of different ways to get help and information about administering and using Mingle:
- Explore Mingle - use Mingle's "Explore Mingle" pages to guide you to help about Mingle's capabilities and features
- Search Mingle help - use Mingle's online help search to find the specific help pages you need
- Contextual help - use Mingle's inline contextual help to learn more about the view or admin page you're using
- Contact Support - contact the Studios Support team for expert product advice and support
- Mingle Community - get access to the knowledge and help of the larger Mingle community at the Studios Community