Creating card properties
Navigate to the New property definition page
- Sign in to Mingle as a project administrator and open the project you want to change (if you're not already working in the project).
Click the Project admin tab.
Mingle displays the Project settings page.
if you are logged in as a project team member, Mingle displays the Team page.
Click the Card properties link.
Mingle displays the Card properties page with all properties setup for this project.
Click the Create new card property link.
Mingle displays the New property definition page.
Choose the property type you want to create...
- Managed text list
- Allow any text
- Managed number list
- Allow any number
- Automatically generated from the team list
You can't change the property type once the new property has been saved. If you've accidentally created a property with the incorrect type - you will need to delete it and recreate a new property with the same name.
Enter a name, and optionally a description...
- The name is what users will see when they view the card. The property name should be descriptive, but not excessively long or it will take up too much space in tables.
- The description will be displayed alongside the property name in the list of all card properties. It can be useful to help users to understand the scope and intention of the property - and prevent it being assigned to inappropriate card types.
Assign the property to the appropriate card type(s)...
Choose one or more card types which you want to include the new property. The property will appear in card view, filter conditions and column selection for each card type selected.
Save your work...
click on the Save property link to save the new property
- If you chose to create a Managed text property, you will be able to specify the allowable set of values once you've saved the property definition.
- You can choose to hide the property, mark it as transition only, or if you created a managed list property you can lock it to prevent non admin users from adding values to the list. Read card properties to find out more about these options.