Examples bundled with Twist
Twist comes bundled with some sample projects that help understand the features and usage of Twist. This section describes how the user can obtain and load the Twist sample projects onto the workspace.
To load the bundled Twist project samples:
- In the main menu, Help > Twist Tutorials and Examples opens the Twist Examples window.
Select the required project from the list of available samples.
- Click Next to configure the browser to be used.
- Finally click Finish
- The corresponding project is created in the workspace and can be seen in the Scenarios view.
- It is possible to click Finish directly after selecting the project. In this case, Firefox is used by default.
See How do I configure Twist Properties to learn more about modifying twist properties.
twist.properties file is present under src directory. In case of the SWT and Eclipse-plugin Application Testing (Eclipse Java Editor example) it is under scenarios/src directory.
Twist currently bundles the following samples
- Web Application Testing with Selenium (uses Mingle) - An example test suite that demonstrates how Twist can be used with a typical AJAX application. This test suite uses Selenium driver. Implicit waits eliminate the need to use explicit synchronization statements in the Selenium code, which can significantly reduce the amount of Selenium code required to drive the browser. Implicit waits can also help make the tests more robust.
- Web Application Testing with Sahi (uses Mingle) - An example test suite that demonstrates how Twist can be used with a typical AJAX application. This test suite Sahi driver.
- Swing Application Testing (Book Store Example) - An example test suite that demonstrates how Twist can be used to write scenarios for a typical non-UI business application.
- SWT and Eclipse-plugin Application Testing (Eclipse Java Editor example) - This example shows how the SWTBot driver can be used with Twist to test SWT/Eclipse-plugin applications.