- For editor related issues, try closing and reopening the editor.
- For issues related to validation or incorrect problem markers, try closing and reopening the project.
- If the project workspace has been modified externally, refresh the project in Twist.
- During playback/recording of web based applications, do not close the browser directly. Use the Done button in Recorder View. Closing the browser directly may result in the Selenium process not being terminated properly. Subsequent executions may fail. Use your Operating System's Task Manager utility to kill such processes and try re-executing the Scenario.
Blank Screenshots in HTML reports
Blank screenshots are generated in Twist reports when a windows computer is "locked". This happens when users disconnect from the windows session from RDP or lock the session. The only way around this problem is to prevent the windows session from being locked up by always keeping at least one RDP client connected to it at all times.
Recording and Playback with Firefox
While launching Firefox for both recording and playback, Twist looks for Firefox in the respective location as shown below:
|Operating System||Firefox's location|
|Windows||"C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"|
|Linux||"/usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin" or "firefox-bin" in LD_LIBRARY_PATH|
|Macintosh||"/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin" or "firefox-bin" in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH|
If firefox.exe (on Windows) or firefox-bin (on Linux,Mac) is not installed at the
above mentioned location, then you can specify the location of Firefox by setting the
system variable "firefoxDefaultPath" in the selenium.server.options of twist.properties
An example usage may be like
selenium.server.options = -port 4545 -DfirefoxDefaultPath="C:/MyPrograms/Mozilla Firefox/"
Playback with Internet Explorer 7 and above
Internet Explorer versions 7 and above always bypass the proxy when connecting to localhost which in turn, stops Selenium from functioning properly. This can be overcome by using either the machine name or IP address in place of localhost.
Problems with a large suite of scenarios
Twist requires more memory than usual for projects with a large suit of scenarios. Lack of adequate memory may result in Twist reporting various errors during operations such as Refactoring Scenarios.
To increase the memory available to Twist:
- Right click your Twist executable. Specify the following option as an argument to your executable
-vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx712MThe full command would look something like this:
eclipse [some arguments] -vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx712M [more Vm args]
In example above, 128Mb is the initial startup memory and 712Mb is the maximum available memory. You may use values appropriate to your environment as long as the startup memory value is less than the maximum memory value.
- Depending on your system configuration, in 64 bit OS environment, you may have to adjust Java VM options while running Twist. An indication of this is java OutOfMemoryError. Usually extending the heap and permanent generation allocation with VM arguments of permanent space (e.g. -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m) and the general heap (e.g. -Xmx256m) suffices. Note, this may vary with your Application Under Test.