Creating a new aggregate property
Navigate to aggregate properties page
- Sign in to Mingle as a project administrator and open the project in which you want to create a card tree (if you're not already working in the project).
From anywhere in Mingle
- From the Project admin menu, select the Card trees link. Mingle will take you to the Card trees page. Then select the Configure link next to the Card tree where you want to create the aggregate property.
Or, from Card Tree view
- Select View tree configuration in the area above the tree.
Select configure in the card configuration that is shown.
Mingle will display the Configure card tree page.
From the Configure card tree page, click on the Edit aggregate properties link. Mingle will display the Aggregate properties page.
Create the aggregate property...
Select the card type
To add an aggregate property, click on the Edit aggregates link on the card type where you want the aggregate property to be reported. For example, if you wanted to show the sum of the estimates for all stories in an Epic, you would create the aggregate property at the Epic card level. Mingle will display the Aggregate properties control.
Configure the aggregation...
- Enter a name for the new aggregate property
Select the aggregation type you want to apply (Sum, Average, Minimum, Maximum, Count)
Aggregate properties ignore values of (not set), so the Average of [1, 3, 6, (not set)] is 3; and the Min of [1, 3, 7, (not set)] is 1;
- Select the scope for the aggregation. You can choose between a specific card type, All descendants or Define condition....
- A specific card type will apply the aggregation to only descendants of the currently selected level in the tree which are of the specified type
- All descendants will aggregate the selected property for all descendants regardless of type
- Define condition... will aggregate the children cards that meet the specified MQL condition. For example, if you want to aggregate stories and bugs but not tasks you can use "Type = Story or Type = Bug and Type != Task" or if you want to aggregate only the Must stories then use a query such as "Type = Story and Priority = Must"
Select the property which you want to aggregate from the list of available child properties. In the case of Count, no property can be selected.
The list of available properties is made up of numeric properties that belong to the card type chosen in the scope dropdown. (In the case of all descendants, it is all numeric properties that belong to at least one of the card types falling below the aggregate level)
For All descendants - if the property is not present in all descendant card types, the aggregation ignores types which do not declare the property.
Save your work...
Click on the Add aggregate property button to create the new aggregate property
Mingle will display the new aggregate property in the list at the bottom of the Aggregate property control.
To check that the aggregate property is working as you expect, open a card of the appropriate type which is a member of the tree in which you created the aggregate property, and take a look at the value.
Aggregate values are re-computed in the background, so it may take a few moments before your changes are visible.