Creating user profiles
Only Mingle administrators can create and manage user profiles.
All users must be registered in Mingle with their own profile before they can sign in.
When you first create a user profile in Mingle, they will not have access to any projects by default, you must open a project and make them a team member of that project. The exceptions to this are i. if you create a user as a Mingle administrator, in which case they will have full access to all projects and ii. if the project has been configured to Add all users as team members then a newly added user would be added to that project.
How to create a new user profile
Sign in to Mingle as a Mingle administrator.
Open the admin menu and click the Users link.
Mingle displays the Manage users page.
Click the New user link.
Mingle displays the New user page.
- Type a Sign-in name for the user. It is a good idea if this name matches their corporate username, not only will it be easier to remember, but it may be linked to your company's LDAP or Active Directory server. You can use +, ., -, @ and _ in usernames.
- Type the user's Display name.
- Type and retype a Password for this user. This will most likely be an interim password that the user can change when they first log on. Tell users that it is a good idea if this password matches their corporate password, not only will it be easier to remember, but it may be linked to your company's LDAP or Active Directory server.
- Select the User type for this user. By default this will be a "Full user" unless your license is restricting the type of user that can be created.
- Finally you can complete the non essential profile details such as Jabber user name, Version control user name, Email and Icon. If you do not complete them the user can update this later.
- Click the Create this profile button to complete creation.