Features & Benefits
Build and maintain large, complex test suites that are easily understood, evolve with changing project needs, reduce testing time and effort and deliver what your business needs.
Create and Execute Tests Faster, Even as Your Application Grows
Twist is designed from the bottom up to make test authoring and maintenance clear and efficient. Test reuse, global changes, the use of Concepts to group steps for clarity and reuse, and powerful refactoring tools to analyze and streamline test suites mean that no matter how large and complex your application is, your testing keeps up with business demands for more and more frequent releases.
- Change a test step in one location and it propagates to all tests that contain that step
- Group test steps into reusable Concepts to keep your tests concise and readable
- Automatically analyze your test suite and group test steps to reflect business concepts
- Push test steps into implementation code to clean up your domain language
- Parameterize your code and see it reflected in your test intents
Rapidly Build an Optimized Test Suite
With most software testing tools, adding new tests to a suite takes longer the larger the suite becomes. Twist is built around reuse. Every component of a Twist test can be reused throughout your suite. This makes Twist unique, in that creating tests gets faster as you add more tests to your suite.
- Test steps are written once and reused throughout your suite
- Higher level Concepts can be reused throughout your suite
- Autocomplete functionality suggests which existing test steps or concepts could be reused in the test scenario you are creating
- Reusable Contexts can be created to carry out your test setup
- Quickly set up data tables to drive your test scenarios with multiple data sets
Build the Right Thing
When you need to release software to your customers quickly, you need to be confident that it's doing what you expect. Traditional specifications only tell you what you wanted to build. Twist allows you write tests in natural language so that everyone involved can understand what each test is doing. This means that you can build an executable specification that tells you exactly what your application is doing.
- Test intents can be written in the natural language of your choice
- Implement tests in industry standard programming languages, Java or Groovy
- Teams use Twist to collaborate on test creation
- Evolve your domain language as you evolve your suite
- New tests can be built up based on existing test steps
Automate Your Web Applications and More
Twist provides a framework for you to author, maintain and run tests using any Java or Groovy-based test driver. Out-of-the-box support is provided for many popular open source automated software-testing drivers. Twist supports atomic recording so you can quickly generate maintainable automated tests. Twist's open architecture allows you to configure it to do anything that you can do with Java or Groovy, such as test Java-based web services or implement database drivers.
- Web testing done with open source drivers Selenium or Sahi
- Browser testing on Android or Mac iOS devices with Selenium 2
- Automate Java swing application testing with Frankenstein
- SWT/Eclipse based applications testing with SWTBot.
- Automate anything that can be driven using Java or Groovy code
Bridge to Automated Testing with a Single Tool
Don’t settle for separate and inefficient management of manual testing scenarios. Twist keeps all your tests together by supporting manual test authoring and execution—ideal when your ultimate goal is to automate your manual test suite. Twist has also introduced the concept of hybrid test scenarios. Hybrid tests mix automated and manual test steps so you don't have to execute a whole scenario manually just because of one or more manual steps. Most tools make this difficult to achieve. Combining manual and automated test steps creates a lot of opportunities for enhancing manual checks and exploratory testing in your organization.
- Manual test scenarios are created in the same style as automated test scenarios
- Individual test steps can be automated one at a time
- Hybrid test scenarios combine manual and automated test steps in one scenario
- Automate a step in one hybrid scenario and see it propagate through to other tests in your suite
- Execute automated test scenarios in manual mode to provide human validation of a test result
Get a Clear View of Test Results
Twist provides reports for all your automated, manual and hybrid test scenarios.
- Inline reporting during execution within the editor
- HTML reports to view after tests are run
- View hybrid, manual and automated tests in the same report format
- Reports easily integrated with Go for continuous delivery as well as any continuous integration server
- Machine readable JUnit format test results output that can be consumed for custom reporting
Organize Your Tests with Tags
Twist allows you to organize your tests with tags. Tagging is a great way of organizing tests in your suite for viewing, editing and execution.
- Tag tests to group them by feature, requirement or type of test
- Create filters to view tests with any combinations of tags
- Save filters to create team-wide views into you test suite
- Run groups of tests based on tag filters
- Run tests in Go or Continuous Integration tools based on tags or saved filters