Collaborate with the Business: Map Requirements as Executable Tests
- Business workflows for Business Users to easily express requirements in English (or any UTF-8 supported language) using readable domain-specific constructs.
- Scenario Editor to use the expressed intent directly as test specifications.
- IDE support for testers to map intent to test implementation and easily navigate between them.
- Business Rules Tables to easily define test data.
- Usability-rich IDE for the entire team to validate if they are developing software according to the customers requirements.
Create Valuable, Long-Term Test Suites: Assets that grow with your application
With Twist, tests are long-lived assets to be used throughout the life of an application. Since business requirements are expressed as executable tests, a test suite remains relevant even when the underlying implementation changes. Tests are no longer use-and-throwaway artifacts, but valuable assets.
- Separation of business intent from the underlying technical implementation.
- Tests unaffected by interface-level changes.
- Support for refactoring to easily absorb changes to the application in your test suite.
- Evolve your business specific language.
Modify tests as per changes
Get Full Test Support: Automate, Optimize, Debug
With Twist your team gets all the support for test automation, optimization and debugging in one platform.
- Full support for Test Automation for optimal test coverage.
- Content Assist to reuse existing workflows and optimize your test suites.
- Support to trace execution of a Scenario with real-time and overall results and Stack Trace to easily debug your tests.
Reuse test suites
Wider application test support
With Twist you can test a wider range of web applications, including those with thick clients and dynamic interfaces.
- Support for testing any application or service that can integrate with Java.
- Support for testing thick client applications created with Java Swing.
Test AJAX and Swing based Applications
Manage your test suites: Enhanced Test Organization and Reporting
Twist simplifies test management with support for organizing your large test suites and reporting against them.
- Support for dynamic Inline reporting.
- Generate HTML test reports locally within Twist or via Ant as part of the build process.
- Test tagging for better test organization.
- Create dynamic test suites with test grouping. For example, you could run all tests that have the tags: accounting, slow, and regression.
Real-time status reports
Support Management: No-fuss Integration Capabilities
Twist fits in easily with your current software with plug-in integration support for a variety of tools. The power of Twist can also be extended with Mingle (Team Collaboration and Project Management platform) and Cruise (Release Management tool) for smootherapplication lifecycle management.
- Easy integration with a Twist Eclipse plug-in
- Mingle plug-in to tag scenarios with cards
- Extensible Application Lifecycle Management
Twist Customers [ More ]
“We chose Twist because it doesn’t take an army of experts to implement, manage or build upon and because of its cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability. Twist has enabled us to craft a transformation that allows us to deliver reliable, consistent and scalable testing for all of our future projects.”
– Stuart Taylor, Test Team Lead, Trader Media Ltd.