We are looking for coaches with a passion for helping teams learn to implement Agile in practice through training in best practices and world class tools. As an addition to the ThoughtWorks Studios training team, we would like thought-leaders that can help craft content harvesting the best bits of what is happening throughout our business and in the world beyond our walls. We are looking for applicants who have experience with implementing Agile and Lean in the context of software engineering, project management, business analysis, testing and business leadership.
- Prior experience working with Agile project teams. You understand the benefits of Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and Lean, the differences between Agile methods, and how they can be applied together for success.
- Prior background in training, consulting or process coaching.
- Experience leading consulting engagements and/or technical teams – coaching, teaching and guiding people in the various roles in a project driven organization.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Excellent presentation skills – we value and encourage public speaking engagements and expect that you are comfortable talking to management as well as engineering teams.
- Strong knowledge and passion about Agile principles and practices – we expect that you have a solid grounding and we will support you extending your knowledge through challenging work, investment in training, and immersion in the Agile community.
- Willingness to travel 50-75% (short trip for 2 to 5 days in a week/month anywhere in the region you are based in)
- 8-10 years or more experience in software engineering, technology product development, and/or information technology.
- Curious. You like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Pragmatic. You have a thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. But you also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
- Collaboration. Building software is primarily a social activity so you need to play well with others. Figuring out the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs. Simply put: you are not a jerk.
- Diversity. You value everyone’s ideas, background, thoughts, and culture.
- Adventurous. You enjoy occasional international travel. While you will almost always be working out of San Francisco, two of our four teams work out of Bangalore, India. Global distribution is what gives us our edge
- Seeking Feedback. You value others’ opinions on both self and product in order to improve both.
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you.