ThoughtWorks Studios, the Software Division of ThoughtWorks, is looking for a Delivery Manager to be part of the team building the next generation of practitioner centric Agile enablement tools in our Bangalore office.
ThoughtWorks has a strong presence in the testing community with Twist, Selenium, Sahi, White, Frankenstein and the testing portal. When you join us as a Delivery Manager, you will get to work in one of the world’s most sophisticated software development environments.
Our product suite doesn’t have the usual ‘run of the mill’ products but cutting edge development tools, built for the Agile domain. These tools are built using the latest technologies. As a part of the Product Development team, you will not only have an opportunity to learn these technologies, but also hone your skills and understanding of an Agile project life cycle. You will have the chance to influence the direction of the Testing industry by contributing to our widely used functional Testing products like Twist and learn about other open-source products like Sahi, Selenium, WebDriver, Frankenstein etc.
The team is built up of a group of driven individuals who are ready to go the extra mile to ensure that building these tools is that much easier.
- Our teams follow an Agile approach to Product Development, so you will be challenged to translate our product strategy and vision into product features and capabilities. Needless to say, you will be involved at every stage of the project lifecycle and not just at the start.
- You will collaborate with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing to innovate and ensure that the product being developed solves systemic challenges in the testing industry.
- You will utilize Agile Methodologies to manage full-lifecycle development of Twist our next generation functional testing solution.
- You will manage dynamic teams, coach and provide candid feedback to team members.
- Use cutting-edge practices in Project Management, Product design, Requirement Analysis, Test Driven Development, Automation & Unit Testing in a product development environment.
- Approximately 6 years experience in managing software development teams, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience managing team dynamics, building team relationships, mentoring team members and delivering feedback.
- Experience in release planning, estimation, capacity planning and managing project risks.
- Good at understanding complex technology intensive domains.
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to working in a product development environment.
- Exposure to Java.
- Participation in full life-cycle system development with teams of developers, analysts, and testers.
- It is desirable to have experience in more than one automated testing tools such as Silk Test, QTP, RFT or exposure to any open source testing tools such as Selenium, Watir etc.
- Strong opinions on current development tools and their usage.
- Curious. You like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Pragmatic. You have a thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. But you also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
- Collaboration You believe that building software is primarily a social activity. You’re focused on figuring out the right thing for the team to do and not on winning a debate.
- Diversity. You value everyone’s ideas, background, thoughts, and culture.
- Adventurous. You enjoy occasional international travel. While you will almost always be working out of San Francisco, two of our four teams work out of Bangalore, India. Global distribution is what gives us our edge.
- Seeking Feedback. You value others’ opinions on both self and product in order to improve both.
ThoughtWorks is above all else a learning organization that is committed to improving the way software is developed the world over. ThoughtWorks Studios is committed to providing world class tools and training to aid in that effort.
At ThoughtWorks we are looking for people who are passionate about the software industry and want to work with the best and brightest. We value teamwork, the ability to meet commitments as well as skill and a successful track record. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance, while enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant software business.
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you.