ThoughtWorks Studios is the products and training division of ThoughtWorks. Currently growing at 100% per annum, Studios Agile ALM software suite, supported by industry leading services and training, is creating a real stir in the industry, enabling enterprise customers to deliver on the promise of Agile across their organizations.
We are hiring developers to work in San Francisco to help us build practitioner-centric tools for software development teams. These tools cover the activities of planning, tracking, continuous build and deployment, as well as test maintenance and automation. Our teams all work according to agile software development methods, paying particular attention to the engineering practices that truly enable agile delivery.
- 5+ years experience delivering software with Java and/or Ruby
- Experience working on successful co-located delivery teams
- Insistence that all production code is a result of pair-programming
- Experience and a passion for test-driven development
- Experience delivering products across multiple releases
- Experience with automated acceptance/regression testing
- Curious. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Pragmatic. You have a thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. But you also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill is to see a big idea working in the real world.
- Collaboration. You believe that building software is primarily a social activity. You’re focused on figuring out the right thing for the team to do and not on winning a debate.
- Diversity. You value everyone’s ideas, background, thoughts, and culture.
- Adventurous. You enjoy occasional international travel. While you will almost always be working out of San Francisco, two of our four teams work out of Bangalore, India. Global distribution is what gives us our edge.
- Open. You value others’ opinions on both yourself and your work.
- If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you.