ThoughtWorks, the parent company of ThoughtWorks Studios, is synonymous with successful Agile development and delivery across the world. Comprising 1,600 of the best and brightest talents in the industry, ThoughtWorks continues to deliver innovative solutions to its clients, enjoying record growth and revenues.
ThoughtWorks Studios is the product division of ThoughtWorks. Currently growing at 100% per annum, Studios Agile ALM software suite, supported by industry leading services and training, is creating a real stir in the industry, enabling enterprise customers to deliver on the promise of Agile across their organizations.
We are looking for a UI Programmer to join our User Experience Design (UXD) team for our Bangalore office. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of the Agile UXD movement, which champions iterative design cycles, interactive prototyping, and continual usability testing as a means to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Pairing with UX designers to build out design concepts and interactive prototypes
- Maintaining and evolving a library of jQuery plug-ins for use in prototypes and products
- Codifying and promoting best practices for HTML/CSS production
- Pairing with developers to ensure that the presentation layer is implemented in accordance with best above best practices and UX specifications
We strongly prefer aptitude in the following:
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative low- and high-fidelity prototyping
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
You have values in-line with these:
- Curious. You like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Pragmatic. You have a thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. But you also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
- Collaboration. Building software is primarily a social activity so you need to play well with others. Figuring out the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs. Simply put: you are not a jerk.
- Diversity. You value everyone’s ideas, background, thoughts, and culture.
- Global. A like for occasional international travel. While you will almost always be working out of San Francisco, two of our four teams work out of Bangalore, India. This separation only works because we spend time with each other.
- Seeking Feedback. You value others’ opinions on both self and product in order to improve both.
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please apply online and we will be in touch with you.