Adoption of Go for continuous integration (CI). Working seamlessly with Perforce versioning, has allowed fast feedback and unprecedented visibility into product quality.
Caplin Trader is a Rich Internet Application (RIA) framework for Caplin Xaqua, Caplin’s single-dealer platform (SDP) frame-work. Caplin Trader is designed for deployment in the capital markets and enables banks to build an RIA that works within any browser.
“A year ago, if a check-in that broke an acceptance test was committed, it wouldn’t be highlighted till the next morning. With Go, this break-fix-verify process has been slashed from 48 hours to just one.”
- Ensuring the reliability and low-latency of data delivered to multiple versions of I browsers takes a commitment to frequent testing.
- Extensive testing, involving thousands of unit, integration and acceptance tests, which are run on every browser the framework supports, as well as in different UI themes.
How did Go help?
- Provided a continuous integration environment to compile code modules and ensure that they received adequate test coverage before releases.
- Integrated seamlessly with Perforce.
- Allowed team to model pipelines to achieve maximum throughput.
- The break-fix-verify process has been slashed from 48 hours to just one.
- Product quality has risen immensely by having visibility and fast feedback
Read the full Caplin Case Study (PDF)