Three groups working across two sites implement Mingle to allow them to develop product that provides consumers access to financial instruments.
London-based Tradefair Ltd., is a financial trading exchange pioneer in online sports gambling. Having decided to chart a different course, the companies developers needed a flexible tool to track the continuous delivery of working software in a demanding and “disruptive” domain.
“Mingle allows us to keep our focus on agile planning and tracking across two sites and have an easily coordinated view into the project – we simply couldn’t do that with a card wall. ”
- Bringing high-end financial trading to the internet.
- Building the highest performance financial exchange in the world.
- Tradefair embraced esoteric uses of Java, as well as demanding approaches to the computer science, architecture and software development.
How did Mingle help?
- Ability to take process template and modified beyond recognition.
- Virtual drag-and-drop card wall serves as a permanent repository for the dispersed team.
- Allowed continual process refinement.
- Ability to defined cards and use the story tree facility to functionally organize them.
- Tracking the average software development velocity over a period, using that data as the for basis of all planning assumptions.
Having adopted Mingle at the dawn of the company, there is no before-and-after picture, the client believes:
- They would not have had the flexibility needed to change our process within any other tool.
- Multi-site company would have been quite tricky without Mingle.
Read the full Tradefair Case Study (PDF)